Intellectual Property Policy
RC Studio's Artistic Property
RC Studio ( the Artist Roberto Cirillo ) has been developing art and sculpting scenery miniature kits for the Quantum Gothic resin kit range since 2007. An incredible number of hours ( years ) and dedication have contributed to producing this unique range.
As the creator, Roberto Cirillo ( RC Studio ) owns a number of rights collectively referred to as intellectual property (IP) rights. These include:
Copyrights – This is the exclusive right to produce copies of our creations. It covers our miniatures, artwork, books, logos, website images and text. It not only covers exact copies but also anything which copies a significant part, typically the most important and unique features.
Trademarks – These are marks (names, logos, icons, symbols and so on) which identify a product as being produced by RC Studio or by an official licensee. Our trademarks include Quantum Gothic, Quantum Gothic Wars and more.
Supporting the Hobby
We encourage a creative hobby and love to see our customers/fans showing their creativity through our products.
However, we would like to invite you to please follow the guidelines below:
- Keep it non-commercial. Whatever you are doing should be produced simply for the enjoyment of you and other hobbyists. No money should change hands! If you are receiving payment from these activities, paying someone else for them, or using them to promote a business or product, then this will likely be an infringement of one or more of our IP rights.
- No professional distribution. Please do not professionally distribute (whether free of charge or for payment) anything you have produced which contains our IP.
- Do not damage our brands. Please avoid anything which may be prejudicial to the goodwill, reputation, image or prestige of our IP.
- Make it clear that what you are doing is entirely unofficial. Whether it's your club or tournament name, a domain name or the title of some fan-fiction, please make it clear from the naming, content and manner of presentation that it is unofficial. To that end, please do not exclusively use our logos or marks on any of the things you are devising, and please do include the word 'unofficial' prominently on your website, poster or other materials.
- Use trademarks appropriately. We spend a lot of time getting our trademarks to look how we want them. Please do not stretch or alter our trademarks.
- Copyright. Don't use material protected by copyright. Please don't use images from our website, chunks of text lifted from our publications or any of our artwork.
- Derivative works. Be aware that if you use our copyright protected material to make something else then the thing you make will be a derivative work and you should not claim that anyone other than RC Studio ( The Artist Roberto Cirillo ) owns copyright over RC Studio-owned IP or derivatives of it.
- Don't share unreleased material. We have the right to first release of our copyrighted material.
- Non-commercial recasting and 3D printing. Do not cast or scan any materials based on RC Studio's IP ( Quantum Gothic scenery and miniature ranges ) . Reproduction for personal use is not an automatic exemption from copyright protection in many territories worldwide. Likewise, do not produce and distribute designs which substantially copy RC Studio's products (see 'Imitations' below).
Counterfeiting can seriously ruin the hobby for everyone. Counterfeiters take advantage of our customers and devalue both our products and your collections.
Producing copies of RC Studio's creations is an infringement of copyright; this includes copying a significant part of our creations. Making models which copy heavily from our artwork, descriptions or products is therefore an infringement. Just because we haven't gotten around to making the model yet doesn't mean you can.
Using RC Studio's trade marks ( Quantum Gothic, Quantum Gothic Wars, etc...) to name or identify products that were not created by us is an infringement of our trade marks.
If you think you have a cool idea and want to make a product that you will be distributing (either for free or at a cost) using our IP then you need permission in the form of a license from RC Studio ( the Artist Roberto Cirillo ).
We reserve all rights including the right to change this policy so please check back for any changes.